Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Operation Puerto Rico

Operation Puerto Rico is actually happening right now. We did so well that Obama Puerto Rico is now facing an accommodation shortage.

The need is not for airline miles, but for hotel points.

Well, I guess we have one more thing that we can do to make a difference.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank all of you fellow Obama supporters for your limitless support.

You know, it looks like we might finally get to live in that "Obama world" after all.

G Kentuckiana for Obama

from: Carla Mays <carla4obama@gmail.com>
date: Wed, May 21, 2008 at 3:05 PM
subject: Re: Operation Puerto Rico

Hello from San Juan, Puerto Rico!!!

We are still in dire need of supporter housing!!! Please call me if you can help with hotels and lodging. Especially for the Texas Team which arrives Friday, head by Jorge Ruiz from Houston! Call contact Christine Potthast in Houston, if you can help.

Thank you, Obama Texans you have spent 16 people to Puerto Rico!

Carla Mays Team Leader, Team Deliver Puerto Rico for Obama carla4obama@gmail.com 760.438.2529

From two days ago:

The polls in Kentucky closed 15 minutes ago. It’s time to shift our focus to the Puerto Rico Primary on June 1st. We need to fly as many Obama supporters to Puerto Rico as possible. It’s not too late to make a difference. Read on.

Countless Obama supporters have expressed their heartfelt regret that either their personal lives or their finances prevent them from contributing more to the Obama campaign. This one is from Indianapolis, Indiana:

Mon, May 12, 2008 at 8:02AM

“I'm really interested in exactly what I can do right now to help Obama take these remaining states so we can get on with working on the general election. I'm a stay-at-home mom and according to the demographics out there, I should fit into the Clinton supporters except that I have a college degree. We're very low income, my husband works longer than 12-hour days so that leaves me with our 2 children. One of our boys is autistic so child care simply isn't an option. I canvassed my legs off and unintentionally got into physical shape (exercise is bad) before the Indiana primaries :) I have the inner drive the somehow put my kids in some sort of stasis so I can take off and canvass the remaining states, but I don't have the money. What else can I do? And what do we as a group need to be doing? Writing editorials for local papers? Is the postcard thing still happening? Other options?

“I've never been very involved in politics before because all of it always had those corrupt undertones, but Obama feels so fresh and real. This is the first time in my life that I've donated to a campaign and actually gotten involved. I've had lively political conversations with my parents and friends and it feels good. In the past 8 years I have felt myself becoming more and more anti-American, but I have a growing feeling of hope and it's so wonderful! Dawn is coming! I honestly don't understand how everyone doesn't feel and see this so I want to get out there and open their eyes.

“I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone who has ideas of ways that we "poorer" folks can help out. (I hate that term, but it's accurate). Please answer either on the list or on my personal e-mail~ amster_71@comcast.net. You Indy Southside canvassers might remember me :-)

“Thanks everyone! YES WE CAN!!!

“Amy”

How many other Americans are in the same predicament as Amy? How can we help them all to participate?

Right now Puerto Rico is up for grabs. They will be holding their primary on June 1st. The Democratic candidate who can immediately deploy the most field personnel will certainly be the winner. The Obama campaign has experienced volunteers in place stateside who are itching to get started.

Unfortunately, it is expensive to send volunteers to Puerto Rico.

Amy, there is one way that you and every other Obama supporter can still make a difference – without having to leave home or spending a penny.

Starting this very moment, make it your personal mission to get the word out to every Obama supporter that you possibly can. Ask them to immediately gather up all those free airline miles that have been just sitting around collecting dust and donate them to “Puerto Rico for Obama.”

Above all else, me must mobilize and deploy STAT.

Instructions from Obama Puerto Rico are as follows:

Any donor can call us at 760-438-2529 or 760-815-6084.

We will take down their phone number, e-mail, how many miles they are willing to contribute, and for which airline.

Once we have an organizer's itinerary set-up, we will contact the donor. The donor will then contact the airline to transfer the miles to the itinerary.

Fees vary from airline to airline.

Benjamin

Team Deliver Puerto Rico for Obama

Amy, we’ll see you in D.C.

G
Kentuckiana for Obama

It is very important for all of you who read this letter to take a moment and Digg this story [ http://digg.com ]. There is no faster way to spread this type of message than Digg.

We will coordinate with the Obama Team in Puerto Rico to post progress reports

2 comments:

Mi blog es tu blog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Glenn said...

The post/blog started from an Obama volunteer who lives in Indiana. His name is Glenn. The "G" was a knickname given to him by the staff at the Obama KY HQ.